Are you one of the users of the Windows 10 operating system? Even though Windows 10 comes with a lot of great and improved features as compared to its predecessors, but it also has some quirks that can annoy the users. And here, we are talking about location-based tracking that is enabled by default within the Windows 10 operating system. Undoubtedly, location tracking can be beneficial for some users. But for some security reasons, some of the users of this operating system might want to turn off the location tracking on their computer. And thankfully, you can disable the location tracking on your Windows 10 computer with much ease. Do you also want to turn off the location tracking feature on your Windows computer? Do you want to know how you will be able to perform this task?
There can be many users who might not be aware of how to turn off the location tracking on their Windows computer. If you want to know the procedure for disabling the location tracking on your Windows 10 computer, then you should go through this complete article. The following article will provide you with the method that you can easily follow to perform this task. So, let’s proceed by reading this complete post.
The Technique to Disable the Location Tracking on Windows 10
Nowadays, almost all modern devices that we use come with a location tracking functionality. And if you want, you can quickly turn off this feature. But, the process for this differs according to the device that you own. The task of disabling location tracking on smartphones or tablets is much straightforward. And for performing this task on a Windows computer, you will need to follow some instructions. The location tracking feature basically allows the maps and other location-based apps to provide you with the shopping, restaurants, and other recommendations based on your preferred location. And for some reason, if you don’t like this functionality, here’s how you can disable it.
The Instructions for Disabling Location Tracking on Windows 10
Mentioned below are the steps that you will have to follow if you want to disable the location tracking on your Windows 10 computer:
- To get started with the task, first of all, go to the Start button and then click on it.
- And now, select the Settings icon to open the settings window on your computer.
- And after opening the Settings screen, you will have to click on the option of “Privacy.”
- And when you reach the Privacy window, go to the side menu and click on the “Location” option. And then click on the “Change” button to proceed further with the task.
- After this, you will be able to view a pop-up window on your screen. Here, you will need to click on the toggle button to disable the option of “Location for this Device.” And now, the location services will be turned off on your Windows 10 computer.
And if you want, you can also enable or disable the location tracking feature for any specific apps. Here’s how you can do so:
The Steps for Enabling or Disabling the Location Tracking for Any Specific Apps
- First of all, open the settings window on your computer system by clicking on the Start button.
- And after navigating to the settings screen, select the option of “Privacy.”
- And now, you will be taken to the Privacy window. Here, you will proceed by clicking on the option of “Location” given in the side menu. And now, scroll down a bit and choose the apps for which you want to disable the location services. Next to each app, you will see a toggle switch. You will have to turn off the toggle switch to disable the location tracking for the app. And that’s all.
The Steps for Clearing the Location History
If you want, you can also clear the location history on your Windows computer. Here’s how to do so:
- To clear the location history on your Windows 10 computer, firstly, go to the “Start” button and then click on the Settings icon.
- And now, click on the option of “Privacy.”
- On the next screen, go to the “Location” option given in the side menu. Scroll down through your screen and then go to the “Clear” button. And now, the location history will be cleared on your computer.
So, this is how you can disable the location tracking and delete its history on your Windows 10 computer. Go ahead and try the procedure now. And to know more about Windows 10 hidden features, please visit the website.
Visit: Bitdefender Sign In